When charger plugged in pc, the light on the charger box blinks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nicdomingues.

I don't use my computer for maybe a whole year.
Now, I wanted to use it but it's not working. My battery is addicted, basically, if I don't have a charger I won't be able to turn on the computer.
So when I plugged the charger on the wall, the light on the box charger was solid (it didn't blink); However when I plugged it in the computer the light blinked.
I don't know what's the problem and I would like to fix it, if possible.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Hi and welcome to TSG.

What happens if the battery is removed and you only use the charger ?

What make and model laptop is it ?

Nicdomingues.

Hi!
It still doesn't turn on.
My computer is a VAIO and it's PCG-5J2L. The light on the box battery blinks at the rythm of a sound that's in the computer. That sound is like a bip very low.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
All I can think of is leave it on overnight powered by the charger without the battery connected and hope that will charge the internal Cmos battery and maybe it will work then if you power it off and then on again.

Nicdomingues.

All I can think of is leave it on overnight powered by the charger without the battery connected and hope that will charge the internal Cmos battery and maybe it will work then if you power it off and then on again.
Actually, I let the computer chargering for like 3 hours or more and the light on the box doesn't blink anymore. And the sound that I refer is no longer there... so, if you have any ideas else, please do tell. :) Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online