1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When clicking volume in WinAmp my wave setting in Volume Ctrl drops.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bcon76, Mar 13, 2002.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcon76

bcon76 Guest Thread Starter

This on is quite perplexing to me. This is stemming from a volume problem that I had posted before. I have more detail and have narrowed down the problem but not the cause of such. When ever I click the volume control in winamp, not adjust necessarily, just click, my wave setting in my volume control (pannel that comes up by double clicking the speaker in the tray) drops. Of course this affects my overall volume. It is sparatic and does not drop the same amount two times in a row but will drop everytime I click volume in winamp. I am running winXP pro and have not installed so much as an update since the last time this was happening. The only thing I did change is I set up voice recognition in Office XP but I was having this problem before that. I have uninstalled and cleaned out all winamp files and reinstalled. Any suggestions? Winamp is the only player of any kind that this currently happens with.

Also, whenever I am using winamp to play an mp3 or streaming audio and I open another program, any program, or even just minimize/maximize a window, the audio starts cracking. This also has never happend before except of course when there is a heavy load on the system. As I said I am running XP pro, and FYI a Duron 900 cpu and 448MB RAM. As I am having these problems I am using 5% to 10% of my cpu and have 21000k physical memory availible according to task mgr.

Thanks.

2. johnpaul

johnpaul

I did some research at the Winamp message board and came up with this.

JP

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!