Solved When i boot my computer it is already using 98% ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sily

As title states. I did get it to boot a few times where it was okay. That being said i used to leave my pc on for a really long time and since i updated to windows 10 it slows down much faster than it used to. But now i am not able to get it to boot without using 98% of the memory. I have tried to update windows as well as drivers but i am still having the problem. The computer feels sluggish as soon as i boot because of it. Everything has a good deal of lag. Youtube, games ext i can do because of this. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Pc specs based on Sysinfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16333 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: B: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 865611 MB; C: Total - 243645 MB, Free - 53005 MB; M: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 63767 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, Z97 GAMING 3 (MS-7918)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I do have avast AV but it shows i dont have anything else. As well i did just check and it is running.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Your computer appears to have two 2 TB drives and one 250 GB drive.
Are those 3 drives internal ones, or are any of them external ones?

All 3 of those drives are loaded with programs and data, and I'm guessing your computer has a lot of running processes.
A computer with 16 GB of RAM shouldn't have 98% of it being used, so something is wrong somewhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------

TerryNet

Terry
Have you been able to look in Task Manager to determine the big memory user(s)?

Sily

All 3 drives are internal.

Task manager says the biggest user of memory is "System and compressed memory". Process name is "ntoskrnl.exe" but it only shows it useing anywhere from 10MB to 50MB. That is no where near 16gb.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
How many running processes are listed in the Task Manager?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sily

I thought their was a number but i cant find it. So my best guess is around 100.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
My Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computer has 8 GB of RAM.
It shows 54 running processes and 18% memory usage.

Your Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer has 16 GB of RAM.
Even if it has 100 running processes, it's hard to believe that it has 98% memory usage.
But of course, we don't know what's installed and running in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sily

Any idea on what i should try. I have not changed anything to cause it as far as i know. I haven't added programs or anything. Its annoying that it does not show whats really using the memory.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Let's see if it may be infested with malware, spyware, etc..

Go here, then click the "Download Now @ Bleeping Computer" button to download and save AdwCleaner.exe to your desktop.
If you receive a warning that this file is unsafe to download, ignore the warning.
Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner.exe to load its main window.
Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.
Several seconds may pass before the scanning process starts, so be patient.
Click the "Logfile" button.
When the log appears, save it.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.
After you submit the log, close AdwCleaner. If a warning appears, click "Yes".

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sily

Alright so i ran malware bytes before i read this and it found two threats. One registry key and one file. As well i should say it is saying firefox is a virus. Has anyone seen this before? Anyway i told it to remove the 2 out of 3 and it did. I rebooted and it booted and was sitting at about 10% memory usage.

As well just ran the AdwCleaner, Im unable to copy the text from the txt file. I have no idea why but i cant copy paste it seems now. Ill upload the file instead.

EDIT: i can copy and paste again. Still dont know why but it works now.

Attachments

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My Windows 10 machine has 42 background processes and 31 Windows processes running.
But it has been running for several days, as I do not power it down, except when needed to.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner.exe to load its main window.
Click "Options", then uncheck all entries in the list.
Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.
Several seconds may pass before the scanning process starts, so be patient.
Click the "Clean" button, then click "OK".
Allow the cleaning process to finish.
When it's finished, click "OK" in each window that appears.
The computer will restart.
When the log appears during restart, save it.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sily

Take two:

# AdwCleaner v6.010 - Logfile created 27/08/2016 at 09:45:58
# Updated on 12/08/2016 by ToolsLib
# Database : 2016-08-26.1 [Server]
# Operating System : Windows 10 Home (X64)
# Username : Zachary - ZACHARY-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\Zachary\Downloads\AdwCleaner (1).exe
# Mode: Clean
# Support : https://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

[-] Folder deleted: C:\Users\Zachary\Spigot
[-] Folder deleted: C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Roaming\RPEng

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLL ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK.1
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.Protector
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.Protector.1
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.ProtectorLib
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.ProtectorLib.1
[-] Key deleted: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{FA7B2795-C0C8-4A58-8672-3F8D80CC0270}
[-] Key deleted: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{47A1DF02-BCE4-40C3-AE47-E3EA09A65E4A}
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{FA7B2795-C0C8-4A58-8672-3F8D80CC0270}
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{47A1DF02-BCE4-40C3-AE47-E3EA09A65E4A}
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{1112F282-7099-4624-A439-DB29D6551552}
[-] Key deleted: HKU\S-1-5-21-1931568101-1784570114-2105916038-1000\Software\WIN
[#] Key deleted on reboot: HKCU\Software\WIN

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[-] [ask.com] [Search Provider] Deleted: ask.com

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [1796 Bytes] - [27/08/2016 09:45:58]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2105 Bytes] - [27/08/2016 09:44:28]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [1942 Bytes] ##########

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Download and save and then install the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0.1222
Make sure to uncheck and decline to install any extras, such as toolbars and homepages, it may offer.
Make sure to uncheck and decline to use the "Pro" or "Trial" version, if it's offered.
After it's installed, do the following with it:

Load its main window.
Click "System Tools".
Click "Preferences", then uncheck "Run in the background (system tray)", then click "Done".
Click "Advanced Settings", then uncheck "Follow shortcuts (*.lnk) during scan", then click "OK - Done".
Click "Click here to check for updates".
When the definition files have updated, click "OK".
Click "Scan This Computer", then click "Quick Scan".
If problems are found during the scan, the number of them will be highlighted in red.
When the scan is finished, click "Continue".
Make sure that EVERYTHING in the list is selected, then click "Continue".
When the removal process is complete, click "Continue".
If you're prompted to restart to finish the removal process, do so.
Start SUPERAntiSpyware again.
Click "System Tools", then click "Scan Logs".
Select the most current scan log, then click on its magnifying glass icon so it can open and be viewed, then save it on the desktop.
Return here, then copy-and-paste its ENTIRE contents here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sily

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/27/2016 at 11:41 AM

Application Version : 6.0.1222
Database Version : 12979

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:00:39

Operating System Information
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Build 10.00.10586)
UAC On - Limited User

Memory items scanned : 873
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 43150
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 9146
File threats detected : 39

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\5ZWKEW0T.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\5ZWKEW0T.txt [ /advertising.com ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\J5HPAC1I.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\J5HPAC1I.txt [ /adnxs.com ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\9SQVZU1Y.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\9SQVZU1Y.txt [ /cdn.at.atwola.com ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\TEBWYYHH.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\TEBWYYHH.txt [ /at.atwola.com ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\S16CAAD8.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\S16CAAD8.txt [ /atwola.com ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\3TIE0V9A.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\3TIE0V9A.txt [ /doubleclick.net ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\YPOWS35B.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\YPOWS35B.txt [ /ihg.demdex.net ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\DRO237F0.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\DRO237F0.txt [ /demdex.net ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\RO6BMVHE.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\RO6BMVHE.txt [ /atdmt.com ]
C:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\0NLK3GIO.txtC:\Users\Zachary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\0NLK3GIO.txt [ /iasds01.com ]
sumome.com\__smSessionId [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.taboola.com\t_gid [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
trc.taboola.com\taboola_upci [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.taboola.com\t_vpub [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
go.flx1.com\check [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
go.flx1.com\id [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
go.flx1.com\r [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.ads.servebom.com\u [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.ads.servebom.com\ud [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
www.crackberry.com\___utmvmIVuBSpZ [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
www.crackberry.com\___utmvbIVuBSpZ [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
iasds01.com/.AC [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\0NLK3GIO.TXT ]
iasds01.com/.DMADT [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\0NLK3GIO.TXT ]
doubleclick.net/.test_cookie [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\3TIE0V9A.TXT ]
advertising.com/.APID [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\5ZWKEW0T.TXT ]
advertising.com/.DOMSYNC [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\5ZWKEW0T.TXT ]
advertising.com/.IDSYNC [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\5ZWKEW0T.TXT ]
cdn.at.atwola.com/.msnping [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\9SQVZU1Y.TXT ]
demdex.net/.demdex [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\DRO237F0.TXT ]
adnxs.com/.sess [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\J5HPAC1I.TXT ]
adnxs.com/.uuid2 [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\J5HPAC1I.TXT ]
adnxs.com/.anj [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\J5HPAC1I.TXT ]
adnxs.com/.icu [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\J5HPAC1I.TXT ]
atdmt.com/.ATN [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\RO6BMVHE.TXT ]
atwola.com/.JEB2 [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\S16CAAD8.TXT ]
at.atwola.com/.ATTACID [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\TEBWYYHH.TXT ]
at.atwola.com/.dmpsync [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\TEBWYYHH.TXT ]
ihg.demdex.net/.ihg [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\YPOWS35B.TXT ]
ihg.demdex.net/.DexLifeCycle [ C:\USERS\ZACHARY\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INETCOOKIES\YPOWS35B.TXT ]

============
End of Log
============

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online