1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved When I change font color it doesn't show on monitor

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stuckonanisland, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stuckonanisland

stuckonanisland Thread Starter

Using HP desktop, windows 7 and word. I can change font color, but it still shows only as black on monitor, yet the chosen color prints out OK. Very annoying when I'm not sure what I have except by printing out. It's a new problem within the last week.

The highlight command just to the left works fine and shows up on screen just as it prints out.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What version of Word are you using?

3. stuckonanisland

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It seems to be something to do with the High Contrast. From what I have seen, people have been switching between that and normal by pressing the left Alt+Shift+Print Screen to switch then pressing that again to go back.

5. stuckonanisland

That did it Couriant. Thank you very much! I had to go through some extra steps and am still not sure what I did, but at least it's back working again.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    No problem. I'm guessing it's an issue with 2007/2010 versions of Office (not just Word)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice