1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When I close and open my laptop the internet stops working

Discussion in 'Networking' started by adamprior, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adamprior

adamprior Thread Starter

Okay here's the issue in steps. First I boot up my computer. I close it over. come back later. open it. Computer will connect but with the small yellow triangle. Thing is though, it's only my computer that ever has issues with my internet connection. My sisters laptop has never had an issue with out internet. Yet my laptop is able to connect to the neighbors internet fine. The solution to my problem almost all of the time is to simply reboot my computer, which solves the problem(most of the time). But i'm getting so sick of having to do it. The other times when a reboot doesn't work I have to manually reset the internet. As i'm typing this I'm on my neighbors internet. my sister is connected fine to our internet but my laptop simply won't work with it so i'll have to reset it when i'm finished this ;) Some useful information might be that this problem only started happening ever since my computer got wiped.I've tried updating the drivers but apparently they're up to date. Before that I never had an issue. Does anyone have any possible solutions? Thank you in advance :(

TLDR: basically my laptop has very exclusive issues. either my internet hates my laptop, or my laptop hates my internet. Hopefully someone can help me distinguish which one it is ;)

2. centauricw

centauricw

When you wiped your laptop, did you do a factory restore? You may be missing some vendor-provided management software.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Doesn't like coming out of sleep mode... Check power options / device manager to see if there is any sections there that would stop the connection after going to sleep.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What action is taken when the lid is closed?

If you are using an integrated wireless adapter do you have the latest driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site?

5. adamprior

adamprior Thread Starter

Hmmm, thanks for the tips. I'm not sure if it's solved yet :L I tried updating my drivers several times before throught the use of the device manager but it told me my drivers were all up to date. I found a more up to date version online and installed it manually. Hopefully it will have solved the problem :p I'll post if the problem persists :)

6. adamprior

adamprior Thread Starter

Alas, the problem still persists. When my computer wiped it went through vaio recovery or something along the lines of that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1076483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice