1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When I try to bring up my Default Gateway, it fails and I lose internet connection!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Madcreator, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madcreator

Madcreator Thread Starter

I want to do some port forwarding for a game I have but whenever I enter my default gateway (192.168.2.1) into the internet, it loads for a while and then my connection to my router turns from "internet access" to "no internet access" and nothing comes up in the Internet window. I have to unplug and then plug in my router again to get it to work! I have a Belkin F5D8636-4 v2 router and Windows 7 if that helps.*
    Please! Someone help!

2. Madcreator

Madcreator Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I cannot imagine what could cause that other than a router failure. Reset it to factory default settings. If you still cannot access its configuration pages replace it. Some or all Belkin routers have a lifetime warranty, so check on that.

If you do get back into it make sure you have the latest firmware update. If you do update the firmware reset it to factory default settings again before configuring it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice