1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When I wake up I see that my laptop has restarted due to a crash

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by seedorf1905, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seedorf1905

seedorf1905 Thread Starter

Hi there I am one of the people who leave their pc open for download while they are sleeping. Anyway I leave it open, and when I wake up in the morning to see the progress of the downloads, I see the same errors: [​IMG] [​IMG] (when I check the files that are shown there, I can't find them as they are deleted or gone somewhere else , I do not know)

These pictures are from a crashed and restarted computer, thus I lose my queue im emule which really upsets me. I do not use any virus or firewall software, I have done a recent format of windows (yes before the format it also happened) but the problem persists.

I never experienced this problem while I am awake. (MY computer is always ON , but it only crashes while I'm sleeping lol) I'm using a sony vaio fe31m with windows XP MEdia Center Edition (brand new) Thenk you all for your patience and helpfulness. Have a good day.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Well, since the problem is almost certain to be viral related and you use a completely unprotected computer for P2P programs (which leaves your PC wide open to the world of malicious software) do you really expect any different?

If you checked the rules on the way in (when you registered) you would note that we cannot help in any way with P2P, and in my view this issue (with your unbelievable choice to not use any protection) is likely the cause.

Stop using P2P downloading software, use antivirus software and you might just end up with a stable system?

The errors are just the symptoms of a major system crash and offer no specific detail.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!