When installing game, computer restarts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BumontheRun

I just formated my computer and was trying to install battlefield 1942 on it. When i do it restarts the computer near the beginning. I don't get any error messages... I am on win xp pro....can someone help?

thankx

Make sure you read and do everything here. If nothing works, post your system specs using the dxdiag method mentioned in that link.

BumontheRun

i do own the game and i did all that....

my computer can handle the game cause it worked before, but i formatted and need to try to get it working again. The drivers are up to date because i just downloaded them from nvidia.

And i am not sure which files i can close under the proccesses tab(winxp) because they say they r system files...

BumontheRun

Actually a couple error messages did popup real fast before it restarted...didn't get to read it but it said something about a dll...

I did the sfc /scannow ... haven't tried to install since then tho...

BumontheRun

I reformatted my computer but it still restarts. It also restarts when i try to install the hl patch. When it comes back up it says it has recovered from a serious problem...

Have you cleaned out your computer recently? Open up the case, and clean out all the dust inside, then point a fan towards it, and try again.

If that doesn't work, I would suspect some faulty hardware...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online