1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When is cookies open?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by grandpaw7, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I have Windows 98SE and IE 6.0. When I go to IE Properties and click Security, it shows I am set in Medium Custom. But when I try to open an article in the Washington Post, I get a messge that I am not allowing cookies, and telling me to set it at Medium Custom, which is where it already is.

Anybody have any idea what is wrong?

Also, when I get a HOTN email telling me someone has replied to a post I am subscribed to, and I click on the URL to see that reply, and then type my own new reply, I keep getting taken to the log in window even after I have logged in and gotten the Welcome, grandpaw7 message. I have been told that this may also involve a cookies problem.

When I go to HOTN by typing the URL in the address bar at the bottom, I don't have the above problem, although I used to (so that I sometimes had to open a new HOTN account and log on through it).

Thanks, grandpaw7

2. stillearning

stillearning

You can add or remove a sites cookies (or allow/deny) by going to Privacy in IE options. Go to Privacy/Web Sites & set the cookies for the site how you want it.

3. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I'll keep that in mind. I forgot that I had already gone there and set HOTN for Always Allow, so I guess the problem I described with accessing HOTN is not cookies related.

I do still wonder why the Washington Post site tells me that it detects that I am not allowing cookies and to set Privacy at Medium when it is already set at that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice