When playing an online game the internet crashes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Archus

I've experienced this before, but now I don't remember what I did to get rid of it. Appears after I have reinstalled my computer. Same OS,bit etc just to get rid of all my messy stuff. Does anybody know where I can fix this? I think its something to do with the drivers dont know really
HP pavilion p6-2052sc
please answer!!! I really wanna play games again

etaf

Wayne
i would update the graphics driver and the network driver - use the HP support website
OR
right click on the adapter - update drivers and search the web, use windows update

what windows version

Archus

Hi, Etaf.

I have already tried to update my network driver, but why update the graphics driver?

Can you send me a link to the drivers specifically for HP pavilion p6-2052sc? I have updated all my drivers via SlimDrivers.

Also, I'm on a Windows 7 machine.

Sincerely,
Archus

Archus

thanks I've updated it through the windows update tho never installed it actually o_O. didnt work :(

etaf

Wayne
windows update often does not do any update - did it update or just tell you , you had the latest versions

Archus

It has updated. Sometimes my internet randomly gets a higher ping. Also I'm on wireless but in a month I will be on cable. Hope this get fixed =(

etaf

Wayne
The internet has a yellow excavation mark.
and this only happens when running the online game

would you restart the PC
and then post a device manager screen shot and an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Archus

Hey I'm home in 1 hour now. I have access to the Internet on the PC I have problems on. (When not running a game.) so no worries about USBs :)

etaf

Wayne
I have access to the Internet on the PC I have problems on. (When not running a game.)
is this a particular game or online game ?

in addition to the device manager screen shot
if you could post an ipconfig /all and three ping tests when working and when not working.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.

Archus

Are you there etaf? You were looking at my thread just before but didnt respond

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online