1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When reinstalling Windows, are all files deleted?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by abilledrm, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abilledrm

abilledrm Thread Starter

I think I have to reinstall Windows 2000, 'cause I don't remember the Administrator password nor my own password, which is an Aministrator too...

But I wonder if any files, e.g. *.doc files, are deleted when doing so. And the map system, is it all going to be built up once again?

2. DumbLiam

DumbLiam Guest

it will all be lost unless u have 2 hardrive then install windows 2000 on the drive with out win 2000

3. Ethmer

Ethmer

i may be wrong, but if win 2000 is installed like win 98, you don't lose any of your files like doc files IF you are simpling reinstalling 2000 on top of the 2000 that's already there.

i also don't know whether reinstalling over 2000 will erase the win 2000 file that has the passwords or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/140892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice