1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When Sending in Outlook 2003 Email Disappears

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JefD, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JefD

JefD Thread Starter

Just like the title says, when I send email it exits the outbox as if it were being processed properly, it disapppears, but it never makes it to the "sent items". As such, I have no record of the email, and I cannot tell if it made it to the recipient. I did a couple test emails to other accounts I have and the email arrived, but I do not know if this happens in every case. Does anyone know why this would happen? The "save email I send in sent items folder" option is still checked, and I have unchecked and checked it again to see if that helps, but it does not. Any suggestions? It just started happening out of the blue. No new software installations, etc.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Tools-->Options, Email options. Make sure "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder is checked". Also, if you have messages in other folders BESIDES your inbox, maybe the sent message is there instead, which will happen if you have (under Advanced Email options) the "In folders other than inbox..." checked.

3. JefD

JefD Thread Starter

No, it's not either one of those. I checked. But thanks anyway.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Then I suggest Detect and Repair from the help menu.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/391739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice