1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

When typing, the cursor jumps all over the page

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by txstoby548, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. txstoby548

txstoby548 Thread Starter

I am running Windows 7 home premium 32 bit. When I am typing, whether it be on a message board, chat or in word, the cursor will jump anywhere on the page. Often this causes a mess and takes time to delete and replace. There is no rhyme or reason and it happens every time I attempt to type. i hope there is a fix here. I am on a Lenovo laptop computer. Thanks

2. PedroHin

PedroHin

Before I even finished reading your post, I was going to ask if you are on a laptop.

Is it possible that the heel of your hand is brushing the touchpad while you type?

I used to have it happen to me until I got so sick of it that I disabled my touchpad, and use a mouse pretty exclusively

3. txstoby548

I guess it is possible but the problem is getting much worse and I had another laptop prior to this one where that was never a problem. I will try to pay attention to your suggestion.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Go to Control Panel > Mouse and try changing the checkbox about hiding the cursor while typing.

5. txstoby548

thanks I will try that

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/978507