Where are my icons?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

QuiksilveR94

okay this all started when i was playing MOHAA, (medal of honor : Allied assault) and i used the command Alt+ENTER to make mohaa into a window, so i could IM or change sumthing cuz MOHAA don't minimise. well one time i needed to close mohaa, so i had it selected and hit ALT+F4, closed it all right but i hear sounds from the game still playing. so i use CTRL+ALT+DEL (the most commonly used key combo in windows) bring up task manager, but it seems MOHAA isn't running, it's just playing a nice track from the game. (hint hint, im quite mad at my stupid windows box, i'd use my linux but mohaa doesn't run on linux) so i try maybe running mohaa again and closing it by clicking quit on the menu, and it says anotehr user has it open, so to save myself time i just log off and log back on, no restart.....
*AFTER LOG OFF & ON #1*
now i open MOHAA and it's opening in a window, a window only, the mouse keeps trailing off the window and clicking on otehr things, the window only has the X at the top to close it. so i close mohaa and open it again & again the normal way, then thinking if i use ALT+F4 again on it it will fix it. so i try the exact same thing i did which caused the track to play even though it was closed., same things happen and i log off and on again
*AFTER LOG OFF & ON #2*
"yay i think i fixed it" said the foolish writer of this thread after his log off and on. MOHAA opened in a window yes, but this time it had the icon next to the X for MAXIMISE, so i try and try but i click it a million times, nothing, no maximzation, or ne thing, hoping i get somewhere by actually restarting it i do so. i closed mohaa the regular way and restarted,
*AFTER RESTART*
i come back and log on, and all i see at the top of my screen is my start bar (i have mine at the top) no icons, nothing, this was my expression : :eek: <--- indeed. now shortcuts maynot be a big deal for u, but i had alot of stuff on there, i was quit unorganized, here is a SS of when i had the icons and without:

http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zzzzzzz6zz.jpg

^With icons, (taken a while back while playing mario kart 64 with an emulator, :D )

http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ahhjpeg3ib.jpg

^taken just now after refreshing desktop. (i have no picture on my desktop cuz it made it hard to find icons) yes i can't even add ANY icons to my desktop either! :eek: :mad:

Here are my specs:
Manufacturer: Me
Processor: AMD 64 2800+ OC'd @ 2.00Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS K8N4-E DELUXE
Memory: 654Mb 333mhz DDR RAM
Hard Drive: 20gig Seagate + soon to be another 60 gig Seagate
Video Card: ATI Radeon x300 PCIxPRESS 16x, 256mb
Sound Card: Intergrated AC97
Monitor: ViewSonic Flat CRT, Refresh Rate @ 75hertz
Operating System: WinBLOWS 2000 Professional

please help me out! :) (by the way i am going on vacation from the 25th - the 1st so if i reply late that is the reason :cool: )

QuiksilveR94

can some one please help me out. i asked a friend and he recomended a computer restart, and that didn't help either! :eek: what should i do?

***EDIT***
i just now went to download somthing and found out all my stuff on the desktop is still on the hardrive, just not displaying on the desktop!? why is that??? :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online