1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where are the midi files located?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Filewasp, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

I downloaded Qlock and want to set midis for the alarm but under find I don't find.

2. 2harts4ever

2harts4ever

Hi Filewasp,

Try typing "mid" (without the quotes) into 'Find'.

Hope this helps. It brings up all of mine.

Regards,

2harts4ever

3. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Thanks I though maybe I had a collection that would have been loaded with win 98. What a disapointment I found them only by entering bach and found one but it was in the Creative file since I have a Creative SoundBlaster sound card. There should be more and that was why the question. There seems to be a lot of midi download sites, but I am not sure where I should locate them. (install them) I guess their own personal folder would be fine. Thanks for the input, I just thought win98SE came with a bunch of midi files. Any more input is appreciated. BTW - this thread may want to be moved

4. 2harts4ever

2harts4ever

Hi again,

Just food for thought. I have a folder I simply call 'My Music'. I keep it in C:\MultiMedia Files\Music. It is used to store any music I simply want to hang on too.

Regards,

2harts4ever

5. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Thanks 2hart4ever , yea I have the most confusing way of sorting music probably around and it's all files and sub files sorted and entered thru music match jukebox. I appreciate your input. This is a great site for midi files: http://www.carolrpt.com/musicfiles.htm
    However the main thing I was interested in was finding midi files already loaded by win98SE. I am asssuming at this point that there are none significantly. And the default location was unknown if it exsisted. (At least I sure can't find them.) Thanks again for the input.

6. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Ahh! I found what you were talking about, I did the search find/mid and found it in:
    C:\Program Files\Creative\CTSND\MEDIA
    Theres a few there so I guess it is more of a sound card issue for storage than win98SE that explains a lot. I suppose I can store any downloaded files right there. Thanks so much!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice