1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where are these people getting my email from?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by nickelodeon, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

hi,

Everyday now i am gettiong a few emails which have viruses in them from random people. The emails have different messages. Here are afew of them (all of these have attachments):

I have corrected your document.

Secure Mail System Beta Test.

Message has been sent as a binary attachment.

I hope the patch works.

Try this game ;-)

I am using Outlook express and how are these randoms getting my email. ( I don't put my email into websites that I don't trust).

Also I have getting messages that say

If the message will not displayed automatically,
    follow the link to read the delivered message.

Received message is available at:
    www.westnet.com.au/inbox/samcroll/read.php?sessionid-30381

and the URL does not work.

Any information will be helpful :)

2. zemdarin

zemdarin

These messages are sent randomly, click on them and open properties you will see they are not even your e-mail address anyway. They may just get your isp number from being on line and tracing you back. Try things like Mailwasher and bounce them back to them. Also make sure you have different security programs on your computer like SpywareBlaster Ad-Aware and Spybot. I always check a lot of my mail on my ISPwhere it all goes into a Bulk folder. I select all and just delete them takes me 2 seconds.

3. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

hey thanks for that. btw i have adaware and spybot :)

4. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Yes I have both as well, and I get emails just like yours, everyday.

I have just gotten into the habit of deleting them.
    I figured it went with the "package" of surfing...you're going to pick up crap along the way....

Carolyn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/264631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice