1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where are USB connectors on MSI K7T Turbo 2?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daniel Davis, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Daniel Davis

Daniel Davis Thread Starter

I'd like to hook up the USB1 and USB2 cables that run to the front of my ENERMAX case to the motherboard connectors. I can't seem to find the manual, and the MSI site says it's no longer available as PDF. The USB connector coming from the front of the case has only 1 row of pins for the USB1 cable and 1 row of pins for the USB2 cable. Each has a one-pin cable markde GND, which I assume means..."ground"...but I don't know where to plug them. Don't want to fry something. Would include the mobo picture in this post, but assume no can do..so here's the website that has the picture:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/K7Tturbo2.htm

Is the connector right above the UPC sticker and above the (blue) floppy connector....the USB? Ditto the connector at the lower right?

2. SacsTC

SacsTC

3. Daniel Davis

Daniel Davis Thread Starter

Yep..you're right about the blue connector.

Now...the USB connector....it has 2 rows of 4 pins. Do I hook 1 connector (USB1) to one row...and the other (USB2) to the other row? If so...does it matter which gets which...and what do I do with the 1-pin connector marked GND?

4. SacsTC

SacsTC

it doesn't really matter. The one pin is not used. Pins # 4 & 8 are grounds as shown on page 2-10 of the manual.

5. littlebucko

littlebucko

hi i have the same board i havent set it up yet does it take ddr or ddr2 memory :confused:
    as it only says sd dimm
    thanks
    rbuckley

6. bigbear

bigbear

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice