Where can I buy replacement parts for External Hard Drives?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mygenericemail

Any good, cheap, honest online computer parts stores?

I have a Seagate External Desktop Hard Drive that needs the adapter board replaced, as the USB port was damaged.

It's been years since I've bought any computer parts, and I don't know if a standard computer parts place would carry such a thing. The ones I used to shop at don't seem to exist anymore.

Seagate External Desktop HD, 3TB
Model SRD0NF2

crjdriver

No computer parts store is going to sell circuit boards for drives or enclosures; you would need to purchase the complete housing.
You do mean the board in the housing and not the circuit board on the drive itself correct?

mygenericemail

No computer parts store is going to sell circuit boards for drives or enclosures; you would need to purchase the complete housing.
You do mean the board in the housing and not the circuit board on the drive itself correct?

This part...............

Seagate  adapter board.jpg

Image from a Youtube repair video.

It pulls off and can be replaced.

If they don't sell replacement parts in shops.......could a pc repair shop do it?
There is stuff saved on the unit that I need. It just needs a new USB port plug in.......or at least this one repaired.

managed

Allan
You can probably find a Sata to Usb adapter cable or caddy that will work with that hard drive if it has a standard Sata connector, which it seems to have looking at the picture.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd just get a new enclosure and replace the whole enclosure ... Assuming the drive is not wired in.
Amazon is becoming my favorite supplier, seems they have everything.
Type C should work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online