Where can I download the newest version of IE safely?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Normally when you install IE6, you only download the source files for the particular Operating System on that particular computer.
If you would like to download the source for all versions of Windows (Win98, ME, NT4, Windows2000 and WindowsXP),

Download just the setup file: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie60/ie6setup.exe to a directory.
For example C:\IE6_FULL
Then do a Start / Run
Enter in the following command (with the quotes):
"C:\IE6_FULL\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"
You will then get a dialog box with what operating systems you want to download and the folder where you want them to go.

Thanks, Bob. That must have been how I did it. I know I burned the full install to cd in case I would need it later because it was somewhat of a pain to acquire but couldn't recall how I got it in the first place.

Because I need to install that on so many computers, it's a lot faster to have on a CD like you found rather than downloading over the Internet.

i realize that the point of this site is to answer peoples questions...but should we also inform people of things that may be lacking in security etc. if you have a specific need for IE then so be it, but if you just want to update it for web browsing, than i think the best route to go would be going to www.mozilla.org and getting firefox. as you would see from other posts there are very few reasons why you wouldn't want to keep IE. anyway just trying to spread the good word.
-gtard

Since all they wanted was a way to download SP1, are you making this a general recommendation for everyone?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online