1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where can I find Final Fantasy 7 or 8

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fastlane247, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi all i am a huge gamer and usually stick with my unreal tournament type games but I used to have a playstation at one point and i remeber 2 of the best games was final fantasy 7 and 8 and i cannot find them in any store at all. Does anyone happen to know where you can purchase these games from?

oh I am looking for them for my pc not playstation
    thanks all :cool:

2. forte21xx

forte21xx

final fantasy 8 i've heard is teh suk
    final fantasy 7 however is awesome. I'd try to find a used playstation version on ebay or in a video games store. Don't get the PC version. It also is teh suk

3. bkatz540

bkatz540

Yea...thats how i found my FF7! BTW, FFVII for the PC has to be played with software redering unless you have a old ATI Rage or Nvidia Card

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Don't you just hate it when the posts don't help you at all...

Since these games are old and you can only get the PSX games brand new, the only stores that I know might have them is GameStop / Babbages / Electronics Boutique.

Try here for FF VII
    Try here for FF VIII

But the prices are WAY TOO STEEP!!! :eek:

You might even want to check for other companies outside the US, bound to be cheaper than these! :eek:

5. Fastlane247

thanks for all the replys... i actually got a copy of ff7 for playstation and pickedup a playstation for 20$ .... and i got an emulator for my pc.... i dont know if i am alowed to mention that let me know if i am not ... i figured if you own the console you can have a emulator but let me know if not thanks all

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Final Fantasy 8 has had its moments with a few people. FF8 did get a bit burned, but I believe it's just as good as FFVII. Most people just didn't like it because it was 'too realistic' or something like that.

I didn't enjoy FFIX much though...

7. Fastlane247

ff8 is not as good as 7 in my opinion ... i love 7 it is the best one they have made i think... but i would play 8 it is pritty good too

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Last thing, I agree that you should consider investing in a used playstation (or a new one for about $50). You won't get any crashes / issues and that the control is much better on the PSX. The keyboard is a bit more difficult to use.

9. Fastlane247

i did get a playstation.... but i also got an emulator aswell because i like playing on my computer ..... and i have a playstation controler on my computer too so it is just like the game... better graphics but there are some glitches with an emulator but i dont think i am supposed to talk about that stuff in here so i wont ask for help on setting that up

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    No, it is against forum rules. But why have it if you already have the console?

LOL I looked that those PC prices, and it shows list price as $19.99!!! (for FF8) I don't think they will be selling those! Prehaps they can be bargined with...

11. Fastlane247

i just paid 20$ for ff7 and i believe it is totally worth every cent... i love this game.... i like putting all my games on my pc..... that is why i have the emulator .... but playing on the cosole is a bit better because it dont have any glitches.....plus i only have 1 tv so if i am playing a game on the tv i cant watch it too haha....

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well, point taken :) but we cannot help you if you need help with the emulator.

13. Fastlane247

i know ... that is why i was saying i dont think i can get help for it... but that is not an issue really that is my problem...:) i am just glad i finaly have that game ff7

14. manitoba1073

manitoba1073

i have ff7 for pc. sorry not for sale.lol i dont like it as much as ff8 or ff9 for psx but atleast i do have it. sorry cant help u with the emu but they r out there. lost mine a long time ago when i buikt my first pc. i found my ff7 at eletronic boutique and even seen an ff8 there but didnt have the money to get it, wish i would have.

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Target, Wal-Mart, even Sams Club should have FF7 for $10 brand spanking new. I think FF8 os now in the $10 bracket.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice