where can i find hard drive jumpers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pyrosx1

i need jumpers for my hard drives, because i need to hook one spyware ridden one up to my clean drive and scan it with a bunch of programs to try to fix it, i tried looking for "jumper" on tiger direct and best buy, and got nothing. where can i purchase them?

I believe you are talking about IDE ribbon cables. However the cable you have now should have a second connection on it just for this purpose.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
If you are talking about the little plastic things that make a drive a slave, look on the back of a cdrom, etc. Most often they have extra unneeded jumpers.

AcaCandy said:
If you are talking about the little plastic things that make a drive a slave, look on the back of a cdrom, etc. Most often they have extra unneeded jumpers.
Yes. and even if it not unneeded, you can temporarily take it off the CD-ROM and disconnect it (you can't use it obviously) and use it on the hard drive, then put it back when you are done. I've got about 20 of those things laying around. You can get them at radio shack or any computer store.

Pyrosx1

radio shack, eh? and i didnt think of trying the cd-rom, ill take a look, but ill probably need to buy a pack anyway so i have some when i need them.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Man, I must have a hundred extras :eek:

what does that tell ya? :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online