1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

where can i find hard drive jumpers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pyrosx1, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pyrosx1

Pyrosx1 Thread Starter

i need jumpers for my hard drives, because i need to hook one spyware ridden one up to my clean drive and scan it with a bunch of programs to try to fix it, i tried looking for "jumper" on tiger direct and best buy, and got nothing. where can i purchase them?

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

I believe you are talking about IDE ribbon cables. However the cable you have now should have a second connection on it just for this purpose.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

If you are talking about the little plastic things that make a drive a slave, look on the back of a cdrom, etc. Most often they have extra unneeded jumpers.

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

Yes. and even if it not unneeded, you can temporarily take it off the CD-ROM and disconnect it (you can't use it obviously) and use it on the hard drive, then put it back when you are done. I've got about 20 of those things laying around. You can get them at radio shack or any computer store.

5. Pyrosx1

Pyrosx1 Thread Starter

radio shack, eh? and i didnt think of trying the cd-rom, ill take a look, but ill probably need to buy a pack anyway so i have some when i need them.

6. Mulderator

Mulderator

Yes, took me a minute or two to find them because I didn't know they called them "DIP Programming Shunts!" You'd think you'd be able to find it by putting in "jumper" in the search! :rolleyes: I've seen people refer to those things a thousand times and never heard anyone call it a "Dip Programming Shunt!"

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=276-1512

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

We engineers know they're DIP Programming Shunts. :D

8. ~Candy~

Man, I must have a hundred extras :eek:

what does that tell ya? :D

9. Kitch

Kitch

That you like to go jumperless?.............. :D

10. ~Candy~

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/393871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice