1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where can I find the automatic reboot.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Golfcart03, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfcart03

Golfcart03 Thread Starter

Hi Everyone:

My friend is running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 and occasionally his computer shuts itself down then restarts it's self.

I have run diagnostics on every component in his system and they all passed.

Can I eliminate this problem by shutting off the automatic reboot; And, if so, where would I find that?

If needed, I have a floppy with a list of the programs running in the back ground on his computer.

Thanks very much in advance for your assistance and I'm looking forward to your replies.

Regards.

golfcart03

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Golfcart03

Golfcart03 Thread Starter

Hi Triple6:

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for your quick response.

I downloaded that page and I will try it on his computer and see if that will work when he brings his computer over.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your feedback.

Regards.

golfcart03

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!