Where can I get a Windows XP Media reinstallation disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HumboldtGuy

I'm trying to fix a friends laptop and I need a copy of windows xp media edition reinstallation disk. I was wondering if anybody had an extra copy or knew where I could get one. thanks

Hi
Are you sure you need to reinstall xp media, Did your friend have a restore disc with the laptop. Why do you need to reinstall. If you want xp media you will have to buy a copy, do a search on google they are many different versions or servis packs http://software.pricegrabber.co.uk/windows-family-os/m/16836449/ not saying that link is your best choice. If you buy a version make sure it is a new version not second hand or used. Does the laptop have a partition on its drive, is it under warranty. Post back and let us know what is happening with the laptop, there maybee another solution for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online