Where can I get to Internet Explorer "properties"?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotskates

How do I find Internet Explorer "Properties" so that I can format the page to show the "status bar" each time I dial up the internet. The status bar used to always be there and now I have to check the box every time if I want to use the status bar.

hotskates

I tried that earlier today and got properties, but tht didn't help accomplish my goal, and that was: how can I format my IE to keep the status bar showing every time I dial up?

Triple6

First Name
Rob
IE-> View -> check Status Bar.

I don't think thats the one you mean is it? Can you be a bit more specific. Maybe a screen shot would be useful.

hotskates

When I first started this thread, I thought I could set things up through Internet Explorer properties, but once I found how to get there, that wasn't the answer. All I want is for the status bar to show up every time I get on line. Now I have to click status bar every time because it goes away when I disconnect and dial back up.

have you tried
In IE, view, check status bar, then view, toolbars, lock toolbar ?

hotskates

yeah i did try that yesterday and then went off line and back on and it still didn't show up? I think I've tried everything.??

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
The status bar in IE6 on WinXP doesn't remain displayed. If the current IE window has a status bar and you spawn a new window that one won't have a status bar. Here is a fix.

With (only one) IE open, click View and select: Status Bar.
Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right).
Open Windows Explorer, click View and select: Status Bar
Click Tools > Folder Options > View tab
Click the "Apply to all folders" button

now there is also a registry fix for this...

START -> RUN -> REGEDIT.
the key you are looking for is in...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Add a NEW STRING VALUE
Call it Show_StatusBar
the value is yes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online