Where did my sound go?!....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Micodude

Yesterday I have moved my PC from one room to another, and obviously I have disconnected all the stuff that were plugged there, that's including the keyboard, mouse, USB.... and of course the speakers.
After I turned on the PC (and after I plugged everythong back to it's place, and also the speakers in the right plug for them), my sound stopped working. I can't hear no sound when Windows starts, I can't hear no sound when I play and/or watch something, I can't hear no sound when I get messages on the screen, I can't hear no sound at all. All I can hear instead from my speakers is ome kind of a scratchy sound, if that's the only sound I can hear from there. I thought that something maybe wrong with the speakers, so I decided to check if there's gonna be any sound if I'm gonna plug earphones there. When I plugged my earphones (new ones and working just perfect), there was the same scratchy sound coming out.
Last time about 2 weeks ago when I had to install a cd burner, and then I plugged everything back again, at first there were also no sound, but after I was plugging the speakers to other plugs, and then eventually back to the right plug the sound somehow came back.
Yesterday I have installed a codecs bundle (that for some reason doesn't work). Could it be the reason?...
Or could it be that because we moved the PC some wire "slipped" from the mother board?
PS - the operating system that I have is Windows 98 SE. :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!