1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

where did my video memory go?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 42gary, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 42gary

42gary Thread Starter

When I got my computer it had 11mb of video memory. Now when I check the specs it says that I have 0. Why is this. Also my computer freezes all the time. Help me. Could this be related. Ive tried everything.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is this a video adapter built into the motherboard?

3. zephyr

zephyr

But have you tried another video card? Yes, the video card will cause the system to freeze if it isn't working properly. How are you measuring the video memory? Try Aida32 in case you don't have it.

4. 42gary

42gary Thread Starter

It is the oem onboard card. The specs were on a sticker on the case when purchased.
    I havent tried another card yet. Ill try that link thanks. The motherboard has been replaced. It made no difference. I have downloaded all the updated drivers for the intel 810 series video driver. drivers have also been updated on the chipset and all other related components of the graphics and video.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/180190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice