Where did my window go?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brinabear

My task bar won't hold any windows. I open an application, and if I minimise it, I have to do control alt delete to get it back. I have no idea what I did to this computer to make it mad, but the other users on here that have accounts are not having this problem. PLEASE HELP ME! I AM GOING CRAZY!:eek:

DoubleHelix

Banned
I'll assume you're running Windows XP. You probably have your taskbar locked or set in some unusual configuration. First verify it's unlocked by right-clicking on it and seeing that Lock the Taskbar is unchecked. Then start looking for vertical lines on the taskbar. Put your mouse over them and drag them around. Do this with a few programs open so you can see the programs appear.

brinabear

Thanks, but I tried it and it is not working. I think I hid the windows or something. I don't know what I did. But thanks for the help.

DoubleHelix

Banned
The taskbar isn't a window. If it were hidden, you wouldn't see the Start button or the clock either. Why don't you post a screen shot of the taskbar with several programs open.

brinabear

Ok, i have the taskbar. I do not, however, have the "task buttons" for my open windows. I know how to hide and show the taskbar, what I need is how to show the "task buttons".
(You know, when you open an application or a program and at the bottom of the screen inside the taskbar it says like "Yahoo! Mail". That is what I am missing.)

DoubleHelix

Banned
Press the Print Screen button. Then open Paint and click Edit, Paste. Save the picture. Upload it here.

This may help. Go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and download #240 Programs aren't minimized in the taskbar. To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

brinabear

This link is not working. I have tried it several times, and it doesn't work.

I can not post a screen shot because I have dialup and it would take me all day to do that. Besides, if you know what is wrong, why do you need a screen shot?

Thanks guys!

brinabear

:confused:

brinabear

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You! It Worked! I Have Windows On My Task Bar Again! You Are A Genius!:D :D :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online