1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

where do "ads not from this site" come from so I can disable or delete?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by RipnDip, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RipnDip

RipnDip Thread Starter

Where do "ads not from this site" come from so I can disable or delete the script/program?

I have Chrome, IE and Windows 7. I have seen "ads not from this site" on lots of websites and I want to figure out which program or addon it is coming from.

2. TOGG

TOGG

I don't use Chrome or IE and have never seen any statements about 'ads not from this site' while using Opera or Firefox. Are you given an option as to whether the ads referred to get displayed and, if so, are the choices you make remembered on your next visit to the site(s) in question?

I use a browser tool called Ghostery which may help cut down on some of the advertising you are seeing (I have it set to block everything). There are versions for Chrome and IE and you can read more about it here;http://www.ghostery.com/

EDIT: The warning you get may be the result of the improved security in W7 so there could be a setting somewhere that you can adjust to reject the ads. I'm still using XP so I don't know how you would check whether this is a W7 thing.

3. NICK G

NICK G Banned

I've never seen that statement in any site I've been in. I use FF13.1 and adblock so maybe.......
    I really don't mind ads unless they sit in the middle of the page and I have to 'X' out of them to see behind.;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059808