1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where Do I Find The Files Listed In All Programs?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bizwiz2, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

When I click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my screen, a menu opens. At the bottom of that menu is a line that says "all programs". It opens into a menu of programs on my machine.

Inside of "all programs" is listed a folder called Microsoft. Inside of it is Outlook 2010.

However, I recently wanted to send an email using Outlook 2010 by clicking on a link on a website. A window opened that would allow me to select the email client I wanted to use from a list of programs. But I can't find Outlook 2010.

When I click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my screen & then on "computer" and then on C drive, there is listed in C drive two folders, Programs & Programs (x86). However, the Microsoft folder containing Outlook 2010 is not in either one of them.

When I did a search for Outlook 2010 on my C drive, the result said it can be found at
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office

However, I cick the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my screen & then on "computer" and then on C drive, I cannot find a ProgramData directory. So, where is my Ourlook 2010?

Thanks.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

The default installation location for Outlook 2010 is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14.

3. Oily

Oily

The short-cuts to your Office applications can be found at -

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office

I believe the ProgramData folder may be hidden, if so, click on "Tools" >> "Folder Options" then on the "View" tab put a check in the box beside "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice