where do i put these wires! HeLP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

j4091s

Hey its my friends first time building a computer, but to am unsure what advice to give him...he just aquired all the parts for the comp he is building, and he told me that there are two wires sticking from the front of the case that hypotheticly should be plugged into the motherboard, hes using an abit AI7, and he consulted the manual and it doesnt specify a place to put these wires, one wire says "Ground -5V" and the other "Ground +5V"...if any one has any ideas on whether these are significant wires and where they need to be connected, or whether they need to be connected at all please leave a reply all and any suggestions will be appreciated.

j4091s

what do you mean to his onboard usb, because i dont think thats what they are, they sound like they are some kinda of lines the ground power...

crjdriver

Follow the wires; where do they go? I would bet that they are for a front mounted usb, however look to see what they connect to.

If there are usb slots on the front they may very well go there. I would say try the computer without hooking them up. I have seen where some wires do not need to be hooked up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts