Where do I start?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

weeGeordie

I won a DVD player (Sony DVP-NS575P) at last nights Super Bowl party in the local bar. I've never owned a DVD player before so I have no DVD's to use yet. The documentation says it can play CD's, MP3 and JPEG files. I tried a CD created on my PC but it says there are no images or audio files? The manual talks about ISO9660 and Joliet formats.

Where do I start? Is there a tutorial on this subject for a beginner like myself? What software or hardware would I need to create my own CD's for this player?

Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks

When I was right where you are now, I got hold of a Dummies book on the subject and it saved me lots of time.

You should be able to borrow one from the library. Works well since it will just take up space on your bookshelf after you have read it through.

You not only end up with a great perspective on the hardware and software but you are exposed to the history of the devices and why they evolved the way they have.

I'm sure you could google for reference material and eventually get to the same end. They just do a good job of coverage and make it easier.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online