Where does everyone get all these viruses etc?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stocker340

Where does everyone seem to get all these viruses,malware,rogue programs?

Does it come from music downloads,torrents,game downloads?
I use the internet daily on many websites and have never had these problems myself!
I repair PC's as a sideline business and I get plenty of computers to repair with similar infections and they never seem to know where they got them from.

Just curious as to anyone elses experiences.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
That's a good question that could spark many answers. The most common source of virus infection is of course the internet...mostly by people who just get click happy and unknowingly will download something. Email and email attachments are also common to spread viruses. Peer-to-peer networks that have illegal file-sharing programs is another cause, yes. A virus spreads as part of a bundle with cracks and key generators. No matter how many protection programs one can have, I think the best defense is common sense. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online