1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where has Windows Explorer gone?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mike_allemande, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_allemande

mike_allemande Thread Starter

I installed a trial Program - GSP Opus Directory, which takes over My Documents, My Computer Windows Explorer functions, and it was pretty interesting, especially being able to have two trees of files on the same page.

But Opus Directory has just disappeared and along with it Explorer et al.

I can't get into the file system - I can startup a program and load files, and I can click on shotcuts on the desktop, but thats it.

Any suggestions appreciated

PS Is there an alternative to Windows Explorer that won't fail like Opus Directory?

Thanks for your help

Mike Edwards

2. Jubjub

Jubjub Guest

Try Control-Alt-Del which should bring up Windows Task Manager, click on File > New Task(Run) and type Explorer.exe in box. Press Enter.
    That should start Explorer.

3. unbidden

unbidden

Have you tried uninstalling Opus?

Try System Restore.

START - Run - type sfc /scannow Scannow will check and replace damaged or missing system files. *you will need the xp cd*

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice