Where has Windows Explorer gone?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mike_allemande

I installed a trial Program - GSP Opus Directory, which takes over My Documents, My Computer Windows Explorer functions, and it was pretty interesting, especially being able to have two trees of files on the same page.

But Opus Directory has just disappeared and along with it Explorer et al.

I can't get into the file system - I can startup a program and load files, and I can click on shotcuts on the desktop, but thats it.

Any suggestions appreciated

PS Is there an alternative to Windows Explorer that won't fail like Opus Directory?

Thanks for your help

Mike Edwards

Jubjub

Try Control-Alt-Del which should bring up Windows Task Manager, click on File > New Task(Run) and type Explorer.exe in box. Press Enter.
That should start Explorer.

Have you tried uninstalling Opus?

Try System Restore.

START - Run - type sfc /scannow Scannow will check and replace damaged or missing system files. *you will need the xp cd*

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online