Where is my file?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

steigerhouse

My 2014 Turbo Tax program saves the tax return file in My Documents>Turbo Tax folder. But when you go to the folder, the file does not appear. So I did a "Save As" to the folder, renaming the new file by adding a "1" at the end of the file name. It saved the file, but when I go to the Turbo Tax folder, it does not appear either. Any ideas what is going on here. I checked the file and folder options and I am set to show hidden files, so I don't think that is the problem.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
I am using Windows 10, right at this moment. But, check the path to which you save, and try an alternative.
"My Documents", has a new name. The My Documents folder was renamed to Documents in Windows 8.1 and, similarly, was "My Pictures, My Music, and My Videos " For convenience, you can see. all of these folders under "This PC" in File Explorer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts