1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where is Slithy Tove?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by pyritechips, Feb 12, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    I think we need to start a "missing members" thread!

Slithy last posted Boxing Day (Dec 26th). Has anybody heard from him or know what's up? He's a darn good man and I miss him.

2. ajdupont

ajdupont

I agree PC. He's a very knowledgeable man. I've followed a lot of his threads and learned a lot.:) Hope he comes back soon.;)

ajdupont

3. GreenIs

GreenIs

You know I was going to start a thread on him too...where is that guy?! I always liked his straight to the point view on things. Very nice guy!

I miss him!
    Slithy where are you?

4. Dark Star

Dark Star

I wondered about Bill's whereabouts also and found out that he is not listed in the active members list ... I'm not sure why that is or if it was always like that.
    I do know that a search for Slithy Tove turns up the threads that he's been in but his name "Slithy Tove" is not on the members list.

:confused:

5. GreenIs

GreenIs

Yeah I noticed that about a week ago when I tried to PM him and couldn't.
    But you know, I'm betting he was getting tired of some of the "stuff" that was going on around here awhile ago...I hope I am wrong...but then maybe again I hope I am right because I'd hate to think something bad has happened.
    He's such a gentleman and so intelligent.

I hope we find out. I hope he comes back soon and tell us himself.

6. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

several post started about "lost members" over the past couple of years, I to wondered about Slithy.

I wish if people are just "fed up" they would vent and tell us before they leave, at least we'd know!!

Even though it may sound morbid, I wish all of "the regulars" would tell a loved one to inform the boards if a member was ill or had passed, it would be better than just disappearing . ... Rhett

7. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

This post Bill made on Christmas Eve sounded nothing like a farewell to TSG. It is actually quite beautiful and makes you pause for a moment to think about what he says. :) Take care. angel

<b>Peace on Earth... God Bless us all.</b> (12-24-2002 08:03 PM)

My God is a benevolent God (unlike the one Mr. Bin Laden believes he is working for). My God welcomes ALL humanity - ALL creatures - with open arms. My God and yours are probably one in the same (unless, sadly, you have none). A bit over two thousand years ago the God in whom I believe sent into our world a brand-new, baby boy. Tomorrow, I and many others will celebrate that birth once again. We will be of the mindset to look beyond the keyboard, beyond the screen, beyond the hate, beyond the political strife, beyond the racism - beyond all the Evil around us - and focus on the many good things at hand. Who among us is not blessed to be here ? Who that's no longer with us is not missed by someone ? The Christmas traditions and the Christmas season bring so much joy - and yet they bring the sadness that goes with the memories of those whom we miss - whether they have gone to meet their own God or just aren't able to be with us this year.

This is a time of year when so many personal barriers come down... when we are extra kind and generous to others - a time when we repeat, "Peace on earth, goodwill towards men"... and, at least for a time, we genuinely mean those words. If it would be impractical to have a Christmas tree all year and exchange presents every day would it be so impractical to maintain the Christmas spirit of peace towards everyone ? Maybe that is a "Christmas" we actually could have every day.

Well, anyway, I want to offer "Merry Christmas" or "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" to all the folks I have come to know and admire here at TSG (even DN and AZ). I want to offer the same to all of TSG's guests who may read this. If anyone knows the whereabouts of Geoffrey (JH) I would especially like to send my best to him since he and I have had a few heated discussions in the past and I often wonder how he is doing. To all the regulars I want you to know how much I value you, your opinions, your advice, your recommendations and the time and effort you have given to me and to so many others. And I give an extra tip-of-the-hat to Mike and the Moderators who have done such a fine job here.

Peace on Earth... God Bless us all.

8. hewee

hewee

Slithy Tove,

Please come back because I and other miss you.

I never seen the post you made that Angel reposted above and it has touched me.

GOD Bless you my friend.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice