1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where is the MSBackup?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tm5rto, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tm5rto

tm5rto Thread Starter

I run Win98, which is upgraded to Win98SE.

I have recently formatted my C: drive. I used the Backup utility to back up my C:drive to my second hard drive, D:drive. The backup is a .qic file extension.

I re-installed the Windows, but now I cannot find the Backup utility. I thought it was part of the Windows setup, but I cannot find it anywhere on my computer, therefore cannot access the backup job.

Does anyone know where I can find this Backup utility?

2. brindle

brindle

Mines in D:\ in a folder I made for it....Did you do a file find

3. tm5rto

tm5rto Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply
    Yes, I found a copy of the application, but when I try to run it I get a error message asking for .DLL file (SH31W32.DLL)
    I figured that I prevously copied it to D:drive, but after it was installed on C:drive, so its missing the .dll file

4. brindle

brindle

5. J-Son

J-Son

C:\program files\accessories\backup\system i dont think thats a folder unless the program is called accessories or made from them

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice