1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where to buy a 754 board?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by minigunn, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. minigunn

minigunn Thread Starter

Looks like the 754 is an extinct species. But I still have a couple of working cpu for 754, and ddr400, and agp cards....so anybody know a source other than evil bay?

2. RSM123

RSM123

3. replay

replay

4. minigunn

minigunn Thread Starter

Thanks - I wish I could use newegg, but I'm a Canadian and they won't ship here.

5. Compiler

Compiler

Unfortunetly - the available boards are limted, very low end quality and not so cheap prices. Even 939 boards are hard to come by... Your best bet is to ebay or sell the parts off and buy some new modern parts. Someone may have a LOW end 754 CPU that would pay $10~15 for a 3500-754 chip.

6. minigunn

minigunn Thread Starter

Probably correct. I did resort to throwing in a bid on the evil bay after all. We shall see. (sigh!)

7. replay

replay

8. prunejuice

prunejuice

Why is ebay evil?

9. minigunn

minigunn Thread Starter

Well it can be evil - in that sometimes you don't get what was shown or it isn't quite what the seller said it was. But for obscure parts it's actually the only way at times. Here's the one I'm looking at:MSI K8N Neo3 H nForce4 Socket 754 ATX MB w/SND & LAN - though a bit more research showed I won't be able to use my x800xl after all, which is a bit dissapointing. This is a 754 board with pci-e graphic slot. Who even knew there was such a beast?

10. Compiler

Compiler

eBay is doing and has done some rather evil things to their clients. I'm not a fan of ebay, so I haven't used them in years.

And many PC parts that can be had on ebay - can be cheaper at the store and especially newegg.com Why by unknown items when newegg is the best (usually).

11. minigunn

minigunn Thread Starter

Hey there compiler - I can't get newegg, they don't ship to Canada. For an example of how ebay is evil - I got the motherboard I mentioned in one of my posts above - but instead of the 19 dollars for shipping the seller showed with the item, his invoice asks for 35. Evil.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/716226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice