1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where to find replies and views info

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by davnon, Aug 7, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. davnon

davnon Thread Starter

The number of replies and the views of a particular thread are quite interesting, especially for threads I am subscribed to. How can I find this information when reading the thread. The only place I found it listed is when viewing the chronological list of the forum threads. To get to this listing I need to know when the last posting was made and scroll to it.

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

If you look at the top right of a post it gives you the post count of that post, for example I'm #2 and your post says #1.

The Views and replies isn't visible from in the post.

3. davnon

davnon Thread Starter

Thanks, I am aware of the post# but was hoping there is a way to view the number of views without having to find the thread in the general list. Unfortunately, this info does not appear in the list of my subscribed threads either. Maybe it is an idea for future improvement ... :)

4. Augie65

Augie65

The only other source of this information that I know of is on your list of posts. Click on your name and select:
    Find all post by **** and your posts with the number of replies and views will be shown.

5. hewee

hewee

If you go to the top of the page you can click on "New Post" and your only get a list of new post.

But if you subscribed to a thread you can go to your accout page http://forums.techguy.org/usercp.php by clicking the "My Account" at the top left.
    Your see "New Subscribed Threads: (0)" where the (?) if for any new threads you Subscribed to.
    Then your see listed the New Subscribed Threads that I think only show that are a day or so old.
    But look and your see a link "View all Subscribed Threads" and if you click on it your see all the threads you Subscribed to.
    Plus you can put a checkmark by any of them and then go down to the dropdown to delete, change how you want the Subscribed Threads to work, move the View all Subscribed Threads to another folder that your have to make etc. Optiom at the top to Edit folders.
    Also on any thread if you want to go to the first new thread do not click on the link but click on the small down arrow [​IMG] to the left of the link and it takes you to the first new post in the thread.

6. hewee

hewee

Then like loserOlimbs your see the #1, #2 etc on the right of each post so if you want the link to just that post then copy that link like I did for your first post here.
    http://forums.techguy.org/3861547-post1.html

Then to get the thread to show click the link at the top right.

7. davnon

davnon Thread Starter

Thanks hewee, I was already familiar with some of your suggestions and tried the ones I did not know. I now realize that under a list of "New Subscribed Threads" I can also see the number of views. However, that list is very short lived.

I wish the number of views would be displayed also in the thread itself, of in the list of threads under the folders (which include the subscription folder). I think the number of views is a good indication of the level of interest of a particular thread. I was also looking for it when one of my posts, starting a new thread, did not get any reply and I was wondering about how many views it had.

It is very difficult to find a particular thread in the general forum thread list according to the date and time, since you have to go by trial and error to find the page of the date vicinity. Another option is to sort the list by the thread starter, but again, you have to guess on which page it will be.

8. hewee

hewee

Your welcome, Yes I see once New Subscribed Threads here http://forums.techguy.org/usercp.php goes away and you click on "View all Subscribed Threads" it does not show the views.

Only way to find the views on the older Subscribed Threads if to click on it and then look at the date post in it and then click the forum it is in and start looking for that thread and that can take some time but if you look at the date of the last post it will help you out some.

Yes some things take time to find out how all works and you do have the option to list how how thread show up by Thread / Thread Starter, Last Post, Replies and Views. Plus clicking the same thing twice can change the order of that view.

9. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

"Search" shows the views, you can search for the title of the thread and find it there. That's a little bit easier at least.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice