1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where to find the OLK directories from Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Hoite, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoite

Hoite Thread Starter

I have puzzled very hard to find the files that I had edited from Outlook. They were gone, when I tried to retrieve them for further use. I had used a Word file that was attached in an email and updated its contents. Afterwards I tried to find it again, but Word did not show it as "recently saved file". Only when I tried to save another attachment I could see the Word file.

The trick is that I used "Open file location" for such file. Now the Word file could be opened again. Contrary to another thread in this forum that I tried to follow, the directory is for me (Windows7):

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\OLKBE20

Instead of (for the older version)
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKBE20

____________________________________________________________________________

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 820 @ 1.73GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8119 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro 5000M, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 279540 MB, Free - 67156 MB; D: Total - 25602 MB, Free - 5096 MB; E: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 130811 MB; G: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 231060 MB; H: Total - 38 MB, Free - 0 MB; I: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 874596 MB; J: Total - 157057 MB, Free - 19912 MB; K: Total - 305168 MB, Free - 13980 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1520
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice