1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where to find....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iwassnow, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iwassnow

iwassnow Thread Starter

ESD Bags. I found some places that sell stacks of 100 for 70$, but I just need one. Have a faulty motherboard to send back to PC chips(Finally) and I don't have the packing materials anymore. If someone could direct me to a place to get some anti-static foam and more importantly, a static bag, I would be much in your debt. ;)

Also, I forgot. I'm gonna need to replace the thermal paste as I'm sure it will dry out by the time the new mother board gets here. What brand does everyone suggest?

2. brite750

brite750

I would check a local pc shop for the bag
    we need to know what socket cpu you have, download Bel Arc Advisor and post results, it sounds like a 754 or 939 pin socket

3. brite750

brite750

you need a MB that has an AGP8x slot and ide slots for your hdds, I would also have to know what size MB your case can take, atx or micro-atx etc.

4. iwassnow

iwassnow Thread Starter

The MB isn't on my computer. It's getting replaced by PC chips under warranty. Here's what my invoice lists for the parts. The MB doesn't fill the whole case if you really wanted to know.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Processor ADO5400IAA5DO - 2.80GHz, 2 x 512KB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Dual-Core, OEM, Socket AM2, Processor

PCChips A13G+ v3.0 Motherboard - NVIDIA GeForce 6100, Socket AM2, MicroATX, Audio, Video, PCI Express, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, CNR

Thermaltake / TMG A3 / Socket AM2/939/754 / Aluminum Base / CPU Cooler

*sorry for the late reply. I've been having internet issues.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice