Where to go...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dedhed56

Jo
Hi,
First timer here. :) No questions are dumb, correct?
Here goes: where would I post a question about file conversion?

Triple6

Rob
Possibly All Other Software. Post your question and I'll edit and move your thread to the correct section.

dedhed56

Jo
Question: Is there any app that can convert an "mhtml" file to a PDF or DOC or TXT or even a PNG? The file came from a page I saved from the web onto my chromebook (chrome OS only). It's all I have.

Triple6

Rob
Google Chrome can save webpages as PDF, you can also install a PDF printer such as CutePDF and print the page to it and it will create a PDF file from it. If you want advanced editing of the PDF and make changes to it then you would need something lik Adobe Acrobat or Foxit PhantomPDF

dedhed56

Jo
For some reason my Chromebook is only saving web pages as "mhtml" which I don't understand. They can only be opened with an app called "EML, MHT Viewer With Drive". That's ok, I suppose, but I am looking to convert this file. Is there an app that can do that?

Triple6

Rob
In regular desktop Chrome you can change the box that says "Save As"(from a right click if that matters) and change it from "Webpage, Complete" to 'Webpage, HTML only" to change the format it saves in, not sure if that option exists on the Chromebook.

dedhed56

Jo
In regular desktop Chrome you can change the box that says "Save As"(from a right click if that matters) and change it from "Webpage, Complete" to 'Webpage, HTML only" to change the format it saves in, not sure if that option exists on the Chromebook.

In the Chromebook the options are "webpage, single page" and "webpage, HTML only"

Triple6

Rob
Did you try saving as the file as both and see if one of them gives you an HTML file? MHMTL is a more complete save in single file.

Triple6

Rob
Sorry for the confusion, I looked again and to save to PDF you need to go to Print and then if you go to choose a printer you get options to Save as PDF, but that's on a Windows PC so I'm not sure if that same thing exists on the ChromeOS version.
upload_2017-2-10_12-47-18.png

dedhed56

Jo
Sorry for the confusion, I looked again and to save to PDF you need to go to Print and then if you go to choose a printer you get options to Save as PDF, but that's on a Windows PC so I'm not sure if that same thing exists on the ChromeOS version.
View attachment 255169

I don't know, I've never tried; but I do have a Chrome extension called "Print What You Like" and that has the PDF option. Thanks for reminding me.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd use PDFCreator ... (because I have it installed) ...
Anything that can be printed can be "Printed" to a pdf file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online