1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where to learn Software Creation/Developement

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by samsnov, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samsnov

samsnov Thread Starter

Hi, I want to learn/study Software Creation / Development, Please can someone tell me the name for this course/study and if it is possible to learn it online and become perfect/expert. Thanks.

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

What do you want to do?

Games, desktop, scripting?

Software development is the technical term (or Software Engineer). Any college should offer it, generally at least in VB.Net, Java, HTML, Javascript, C++).

You can learn independently, but at least for your first language a true course is recommended so that you can ask questions about new concepts (Data types, type casting, variables, logic, statements, methods are all foreign sounding until you use them!).

3. samsnov

samsnov Thread Starter

Most importantly I want to learn about creating Games software then scripting.
    thanks for the help already given.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Game creation is complex. I am decent with desktop stuff, 3d though I have never really gotten into.

What I know, is that generally you need to know a little about a lot!
    C++
    High level math (diff equations, calc, algebra)
    3D modeling (Maya is popular)

This would be for true, 3D games. You could get away with less for Flash or JS games... But if you want to make games like Halo this has been the requirements for probably twenty years.

5. samsnov

samsnov Thread Starter

Thank you once again, about math I am confident to come out there is no problem on that, but please I would want to ask this,what is Desktop programming is all about? I am not going into learning here please but a slight clue will calm my brain.thanks

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Desktop programming is going to be applications like Excel, VNC, a calculator, a GAL replacement, browsers, Prime95...

Basically, anything you would use in the "desktop" analogy.

7. samsnov

samsnov Thread Starter

thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice