1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wheres 50? trying to fix my puter.....

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by 50givesHead, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 50givesHead

50givesHead Thread Starter

mi amigo told me to sign in here, and ask for help, but, not quite sure what i'm supposed to ask, other than my computer is jacked

2. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

he needs a link for HiJackThis

3. Nok1

Nok1

Download HijackThis from here. Make a new folder for the program and then open it, click Scan. When it finishes scanning, do no remove anything but instead save the log and post it here.

4. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

Thanks Nok1. He's a friend of mine. AND he's stubborn. Told him about this site a couple of months ago. Anyways he can't download anything right now from any of the sites I've tried giving him. I'm thinking he's got the crapware that adds all the security sites to his hosts file. I don't know if it'll work or not, but I told him to try downloading through Opera, as I'm not sure if it's a TOTAL block on it or if it's just IE. Appreciate the help!

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

If I were you, I think I would kill all cookies and sign up for the boards again. My name is hard enough for people to take seriously even though it is slang for the job I did in the navy. 50 gives head is not only a bad strike on you, but also a mark against your friend who brought you here. I will not take that name seriously, but there are those who will.
    Remember where you are always my friend.

6. superchicken

superchicken

i've created a serious one, sorry about the name, appreciate the help:)

7. Nok1

Nok1

HJT is a small program and can be transfered via floppy. So try that. :). If the HJT option doesnt work, then we could manually change the hosts file, but lets hope it doesnt come to that :).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice