1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where's my hibernation gone?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by OM2, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OM2

OM2 Thread Starter

My hibernation option has gone
    Only sleep is available

Fact: it was there before! I used to use it all the time!!

I've googled and it seems as though you can turn it on if it gets turned off, as mentioned here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929658#MoreInformation

I followed the instructions, opened command promt as admin and ran the "powercfg /hibernation on"
    No joy :(

I did have problems with the laptop coming back on for when the lid is closed
    I set the power options for it to hibernate if the lid was closed
    Before it was on sleep
    BUT: it still used to come on

The only solution I found was that if I hibernated + waited a few seconds before closing the lid, then this worked OK

ALSO: I had a few nightmares after installing rubbish Acronis OS Selector - wasted about 3 days getting my system back - that's another story - I thought I would mention - not sure if this is relevant

I did the powercfg /a option and got the following:
    I'm not 100% sure what the above means

Any help would be great

Thanks

OM

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It usually indicates that either the display drivers or the chipset drivers are missing or need to be updated.

3. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

How did that turn out?...some of us are still subscribed to that thread..which method worked for you...if anything in the other thread helped

4. OM2

OM2 Thread Starter

thanks. i'll give that a go

brett: i'll update the message

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice