Where's my hibernation gone?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OM2

My hibernation option has gone
Only sleep is available

Fact: it was there before! I used to use it all the time!!

I've googled and it seems as though you can turn it on if it gets turned off, as mentioned here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929658#MoreInformation

I followed the instructions, opened command promt as admin and ran the "powercfg /hibernation on"
No joy :(

I did have problems with the laptop coming back on for when the lid is closed
I set the power options for it to hibernate if the lid was closed
Before it was on sleep
BUT: it still used to come on

The only solution I found was that if I hibernated + waited a few seconds before closing the lid, then this worked OK

ALSO: I had a few nightmares after installing rubbish Acronis OS Selector - wasted about 3 days getting my system back - that's another story - I thought I would mention - not sure if this is relevant

I did the powercfg /a option and got the following:
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S3 ) Hibernat
e Hybrid Sleep
The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby (S2)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
I'm not 100% sure what the above means

Any help would be great

Thanks

OM

DoubleHelix

Banned
It usually indicates that either the display drivers or the chipset drivers are missing or need to be updated.

aka Brett

Banned
ALSO: I had a few nightmares after installing rubbish Acronis OS Selector - wasted about 3 days getting my system back - that's another story - I thought I would mention - not sure if this is relevant
How did that turn out?...some of us are still subscribed to that thread..which method worked for you...if anything in the other thread helped

OM2

It usually indicates that either the display drivers or the chipset drivers are missing or need to be updated.
thanks. i'll give that a go

How did that turn out?...some of us are still subscribed to that thread..which method worked for you...if anything in the other thread helped
brett: i'll update the message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online