1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wheres RC2?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bnfmsgeek, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bnfmsgeek

bnfmsgeek Thread Starter

Hi guys!
    A few weeks ago I got the RC1 dvd. Then I heard RC2 was released. But I never recieved an email from Microsoft and when I go to their site it says "RC1". Does anybody know where RC2 is? I can download it if I need to 'cause I have a high-speed internet connection and a DVD burner.
    Thanks Alot!
    bnfmsgeek

2. TechB

TechB

The public download of RC2 is closed. You can still get it if you have a TechNet or MSDN subscription.

3. snooker

snooker

Hi ... Its not available any more , only RC1 available , RC2 was only available for a short period of time

4. bnfmsgeek

bnfmsgeek Thread Starter

Ah... shoot! I will see if I can get a little "arrangement" made. It really is amazing what you can do with a fax :) !

5. bnfmsgeek

bnfmsgeek Thread Starter

Phew.... a few people commented here that people who order the CPP betas should also get RC2. I probably should get it any day now.
    Thanks for your help,
    bnfmsgeek

6. Pistoff

Pistoff

Specify your meaning of "arrangement" please.
    Sounds to me that an illegal activity may be in progress (n) Without knowing fully all of the details ;) :D

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

AFAIK, RC2 is currently only available to beta testers and MSDN or Technet subscription holders right now. FWIW, I was running beta 2, and now that I've installed RC2, I have an issue accessing my NAS storage box, so it's not all roses. :)

8. bnfmsgeek

bnfmsgeek Thread Starter

Sorry...
    I just mean I might send them a friendly/angry letter. They are usually pretty nice about that. I would never do something intentionally illegal.

9. jmwills

jmwills

It's closed.....period unless your have a TechNet or MSDN subscription. JohnWill, my NAS printer wouldn't work with RC1 but is okay with RC2.
    Have you tried adding it manually instead of a discovery method?

10. Pistoff

Pistoff

(y) :D

11. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Adding manually? My NAS (Network Attached Storage) requires no drivers or installation, it just appears as another server on the network. However, when I attempt to access it with Vista, it's a no-go. We probably should kick this around in another thread, since I wouldn't want to be seen as a thread hi-jacker. :D Here's where I posted the original issue. http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/511151-nas-connection-error.html

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/510715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice