1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wheres the Delegates?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by esmith3498, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esmith3498

esmith3498 Thread Starter

Im running Outlook 2002 on 5 different computers via a server running Microsoft Exchange Network. When I assigned delegate acces to four of them, there was no fight. However, one of them will not let me assign delegate access no matter what I do. I have tried using the add-in manager to set up the delegate option, but it doesnt do anything. I cannot see the delegates tab in options, nor can I see it in the inbox options. I am trying to assign delegate access for read access to the inbox, and read,edit,modify access to the calendar. Anyone have any bright ideas? Cause im tapped out. Thanks

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

If you right-click the inbox (or calendar) and go to Properties, do you see a Permissions tab? You should be able to grant permissions from there. It works much the same as the delegates tab, but when you grant people permissions in delegates, it also gives them the ability to "send on behalf of" the user, which may or may not be what you want. Let us know whether the permissions tab is visible and whether that's helpful, or not what you're looking for.

3. esmith3498

esmith3498 Thread Starter

There is no permissions tab in either calendar or my inbox. Usually if there is a permissions tab the tabs are in two rows. My properties are only one row long and go from left to right: General, Home Page, Auto Archive, Administration, Forms. the permissions tab should follow but doesnt. This is the source of my headache today....why is it not showing? (P.S. I have administrative rights to this computer as well)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/391076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice