1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

whew,boy do i need some advise

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobbiw, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbiw

bobbiw Thread Starter

i have a dell laptop inspiron 600m,i went to my remove programs and deleted adode x.When the comp restarted i got the message <WINDOWS ROOT>\SYSTEM32\HAL.DLL MISSING OR CORRUPT file missing.My daughter put this comp together for me and there is no recovery cd.Is there anyway to resovle this?I have tryed safe com promt,to no avail,WENT INTO TO BIOS,no help....boy i just dont know what else to do.She has moved out of state...thank you ahead of time if anyone can give me a tutortal

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Do you have your windows installation disk?

3. Mark1956

Mark1956

System Restore will be your best escape, I just hope it was turned on and you have some restore points that you can go back to before the problem started.

Please check your PM's.

Boot the PC from this disc to get to the Command Prompt.

At the Command Prompt, type CD C:\ and press Enter, then type:
    C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter.
    Follow the instructions given to perform the System Restore process.
    If Windows is installed on a different drive to C: then replace C: with the correct drive letter in the commands above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!