Which AGP Graphics Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Plugstar

Hi guys...
Im thinkin of buying me a graphics card
I know its AGP but I aint got a clue of which one (2x 4x etc..)
Help would be much appreciated

Specs

Acer AcerPower Sd Series Desktop/PC.
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz Model 2, Stepping 7
1GB Memory

I have taken the crucial.co.uk test, and it could not find no graphics card for it....

Thanks for reading

Triple6

Rob
Is there a number on the case of the Acer anywhere, on a sticker on the side perhaps?

Whats your budget and what do you need the card to do?

Plugstar

No number pal...
Basically just play some games LOL...
Oh yeah sounds crazy, but I wanna have a nose at google earth LOL...

Triple6

Rob
What kind of games and the budget? You can get a video card from $30 to $500, need to give us an idea.

Plugstar

Thanks A Lot Pal!!

So what would I look for in shops and stuff..

AGP 2x/4x???

Triple6

Rob
Being a Celeron 2.0Ghz it has either an AGP 4X or 8X slot. You won't find any new AGP 4x or slower cards and if you do find an AGP 4X card then don't buy it. AGP 8X cards will work in AGP 4X slots and vice versus. And don't get anything too expensive, the higher-end AGP cards need fast processors, a Celeron 2Ghz will hold them back, and they also need 400 watt or 450 watt power supplies, something an Acer will not have - it'll be a 300 watt power supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online