1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which brands does Dell use for its SSD's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gene_Jockey, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene_Jockey

Gene_Jockey Thread Starter

I realize this may be an odd question to ask here, but I can't seem to get any answer out of Dell themselves, so thought that maybe real-world users might be able to shed some light.

I am considering a Dell XPS 8700 Special Edition with a 256GB SSD but cannot get any info on who is likely to have made it/what brand it will be. I need to decide if I should get it included, or opt for a cheaper version and get my own SSD from a 3rd party sine there are some big differences in performance and specs etc. I'd rather not have to go an re-install my OS mind you, but would like to be sure that Dell is using a good top of the line SSD.

Anyone out here using this machine and can tell me?

Many thanks.

2. somethingunreal

somethingunreal

We order a lot of Dell laptops not XPS in particular but i have mostly seen Samsung and a few Intel SSDs in the 80 laptops we have ordered so far for our users.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1110750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice