1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 12tipp12, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 12tipp12

12tipp12 Thread Starter

Hi, my question is this, i have a hp pc which takes ATA hard drives, i am installing a second drive which i already have done except for the cable that attaches the drive to the motherboard, can someone please tell me which cable i need to use, i can see where it attaches to the motherboard but im just not sure which one to get. thanks in advance.

Bill.

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. 12tipp12

12tipp12 Thread Starter

Hello BG-O, Many thanks for your speedy reply, but something doesn't figure, the connectors from the pc to the drive are much smaller that those in the pic, i thought the one's in the pic were IDE , also where the drive connects to the motherboard is much smaller if im correct. I'm assuming that because from the first drive to the motherboard has the small connector and there appears to be the exact same slot beside that one, as if it's there for another drive to be connected to it, hope im making sense, i thought i needed something like a latch cable,

4. BG-0

BG-0

5. 12tipp12

12tipp12 Thread Starter

Hello again BG-O, now that looks like the on, certainly where it connects to the drive but a bit chunkier where it connects to the motherboard, thanks again for assisting me with this issue.

Bill.

6. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    Could you upload a image?

7. 12tipp12

12tipp12 Thread Starter

Hi Everway9, thanks for your interest, i think ive figured it out, i certainly hope so as ive already ordered it.-serial sata ata cable with latch, many thanks and if i'm right i will mark it solved when i try it out.

Bill.

8. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    Hey, no probs! Does sound like you are sorted anyway M8.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice